Hello everyone and welcome back! In this post I’m going to share with you my final thoughts on the LadyBossBlogger course* that I have been taking, and the amazing results I’ve had so far.
If you entered the giveaway, then don’t forget to head over to my Instagram to find out if you won!
I mentioned previously that I have been really stuck in a rut lately with my blog and wasn’t sure how to really move forward, or how to succeed. Then I started the LadyBossBlogger* course, How To Start A Money Making Blog and can honestly say I have found a whole new love for my blog.
Elaine Rau‘s course starts from the very beginning, so I was able to completely refresh my mindset and discover my “why”, as well as reconsider my niche (take the quiz if you’re not sure what you want yours to be!).
Before LadyBossBlogger, I was just aimlessly writing and not really considering who my audience is, or what they might want to hear. These are all topics that are covered in the first 25% of the course*, so I think that reflects just how much there is to learn.
“If you’re writing blog posts without a defined goal of what you’re trying to accomplish, you’re tossing work in to the wind hoping something will stick.”
This is exactly what I was doing before this course! I’m now looking forward to implementing what I have learnt when I write my future posts, rather than racking my brains on what I feel like writing about week to week.
What I particularly appreciated throughout the course*, was Elaine’s honesty in sharing all of her knowledge in every aspect of blogging. I think it would be easy for someone to keep all of this to themselves, but Elaine has shared everything she knows in order to help others succeed.
Elaine encourages you from lesson one in a way that feels personal, helping you to figure out what kind of blogger you are. Then on top of that, she helps you to figure out your strengths and how to utilise them, as well as the resources to help you with what you need to improve on. For example, those of us that are more in to the writing side of things but not the design – Canva is your friend. I can definitely vouch for this!
I won’t give too much away, but so that you know what else to expect, the course also covers:
- Designing Your Brand – I never considered creating a brand for myself until now!
- Email Marketing as well as Blog Marketing for Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Before starting a blog I didn’t realise how important marketing was, particularly an email list!
- The WordPress Basics
- Good old SEO – I barely knew what that even meant a few weeks ago!
- Curating Strategic Content
- Understanding the legal aspects of blogging
- And the all important… How To Make Money Blogging!
I wasn’t focused on any of these things before now but seeing as I’ve already noticed an increase in my blog traffic, I’m incredibly excited to move forward and continuing putting all of the great lessons from this course* in to practice.
Some more key points I have learnt during the course* are:
- It’s important to read other people’s blogs but also use them as research too – Elaine suggests some of the top bloggers in the most profitable niches, so I’ve also found some great new bloggers to follow!
- You should be solving a problem or answering a question for your readers
- Blogging is more than just writing a great post
- You can supplement your blog with a YouTube video and/or podcast – something I definitely want to explore in the near future
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to brands!
- Celebrate the milestones – all of the little ones, not just the big ones
- There is no such thing as an oversaturated niche
- Try your best and give it your all, the worst thing you can do is nothing!
- It’s ok if you want to explore more than one niche (phew!) …but do narrow it down
All in all, I’ve learnt more from this course* than I could have ever imagined.
Thank you SO much to LadyBossBlogger and Elaine Rau for sponsoring this post. Some links in this post are affiliate and are marked with a *. If you purchase the course using my affiliate link, it will be at no extra cost to you but it does mean I earn a commission. I’m so grateful for your support and want to make sure you know that I wouldn’t promote anything I didn’t genuinely love.
Additional LadyBossBlogger Resources