Well, who else can’t believe that we’re about to go into June?! This year has been one hell of a bumpy ride so far and certainly not one we’ll forget, but hey, at least it’s going quickly?! Normally, I wouldn’t want time to pass by so fast but this year I’m taking it as a positive and hoping that next year can only be better.
I’ve certainly gained a whole new perspective recently and have really started to consider what’s important in life. May in particular seems to have been a month of reflection for me, so I thought I’d share what I’ve been thinking about, as well as the goals I have set for June.
I’ve realised recently just how much I enjoy blogging and would definitely like this to take off one day. I’m under no illusion that it will happen quickly and I’ve got a lot of work to do, but it’s still nice to have a hobby to work on after a tough day at work, as well as a big goal to work towards!
Publishing this blog means that I’ve finally managed to implement a blogging schedule that allows me to post weekly, although let’s save the celebrations for a another couple of weeks just in case. Consistent posting was my first goal for my blog and so far has been my biggest struggle for a number of reasons:
- Procrastinating – I’ve realised this month that I spend all my time doing the wrong things. My biggest downfall is Instragram and I end up spending hours aimlessly scrolling on there, instead of writing and working on my blog. The thing is, I’ve found Instragram to be an easy platform to grow on, even though I get the least amount of blog views via Instagram, so I found myself stuck in a rut of procrastination, whilst telling myself I was working on my blog… I clearly wasn’t!
- Lack of time – Time can short for me… I have a full time job (keyworker, woohoo!), a house to keep clean, a puppy to look after, as well as friends, family and a boyfriend that I can’t just neglect to spend all of my time on my little corner of the internet. That being said, I’ve realised that it’s not necessarily a complete lack of time, but more a lack of utilising the time that I do have.
- Daydreaming – I’m a sucker for getting lost in a daydream, I always have been and probably always will be! Unfortunately though, I keep everything in my head and just think about all the things I want to do, rather than getting on and doing them. Sometimes I might make it as far as making a list but even then I still don’t really get on with it.
So, after all that deep self reflection… these points bring me to my goals for June, and beyond:
- Just DO – It’s ok to daydream but those ideas need to be put to paper and worked on. It’s not just my blog, even at home I will write a list of things that need to be done, then just daydream the day away without doing any of it… so less procrastinating! I won’t say that I’ll stop altogether, because let’s face it, I probably won’t.
- Set smaller goals – I think part of the reason that I struggle to get things done (blogging or otherwise) is that I often set myself too big a challenge or goal. I will write a mammoth to do list and then beat myself up if I don’t acheive everything on it… then I feel so disheartened that it makes me want to give up. I’m sure if I spread these tasks throughout the week and worked on smaller goals and to do lists, I will be able to utilise my time more.
- Switch off sometimes – Sometimes I get sucked in to everything and forget that blogging is my hobby and an outlet, not an extra thing to get stressed out over. I have enough worry in life, without getting worked up over the fun things too! Throughout June, I’ll be setting aside some time each week to switch off and remember the real world. This means not scrolling through Instragram and doing something off of a screen instead (I’ve got so many books to read for starters) and I’m fairly certain I’ll be thanking myself in the long run.
Overall, I’m looking forward to what June has to bring. I turn 28 this month too, so come back next week to read the 28 things I’ve learnt in 28 years!
Let me know in the comments what your goals are for June and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
10 thoughts on “Reflecting on May and Goals for June”
Sounds like you’ve really found your focus. I was hoping to do the same during lockdown but I’m still working, probably harder than ever!
I hope June is a wonderful month for you x
I feel you! I’ve still been working but in an office all alone so I guess I’ve had a lot of time to still think 😅
Thanks so much! I hope it is for you too 🥰 x
I feel the same like it’s so weird that the year is half over, but I would like it to be next year already. I do the same where I need to be more realistic about my goals, and I think so far I have been at least, I might not have succeeded fully but I feel like I am doing well enough.
It definitely makes things much easier if we set ourselves smaller goals, I’m glad it’s going well for you so far 😊 thanks so much for reading!
Procrastination is my biggest problem too, I still don’t know how to stop doing it
Honestly, every time I think I’ve improved on my procrastination… I fall back in to the same habits!
LikeLiked by 1 person
2020 has been crazy alone. It is great that you have gained a positive perspective of being able to reflect on what’s important. With so much going on, it is hard to keep track of everything and we can get lost. Good luck with all of your goals!
Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment! It’s certainly been a crazy year!
You got this!! The hardest part is just starting. I agree, write up small goals that you can achieve. That works for me as well. My blog has become a hobby and sometimes with life it can be hard to be consistent with it but I enjoy the time I spend on it. Instagram is my favorite app but I can literally spend an hour on it so I usually take a break from social media for a couple days (every month or so) just to unplug and focus on life. You have great goals and I look forward to your future content here!
Des | https://www.itsbetterinheels.com
Happy early birthdaaaayyyy!
Thank you so much! We definitely all need a break from social media every now and again for sure, sometimes I look at my screen time and think ok it’s time to put this away for a bit!